Lenten Learning & Service
Lent calls us to spiritual practices essential to the Christian faith: prayer, giving, living in community, and works of love. This time of learning, breakout conversations, and service projects will build confidence, awareness, and compassion as we continue in our mission to Seek God and Serve Others… in new ways.
Adult Learning and Conversation
Saturday, March 20
10 – 12:00 noon ZOOM meeting ID 210 494 8884
- Session 1 – Prayer
Finding meaningful, life-giving ways to pray with confidence.
- Session 2 – Giving
Learning to view financial generosity as a response to God’s generosity towards us.
- Session 3 – Community
Building our community by sharing our gifts, talents, and our ideas.
Youth and Family Service Day
Sunday, March 21
1:00 – 2:30 pm Gather in the Outdoor Chapel
- Pack art kits for a special activity for the youth at The Children’s Shelter.
- Repackage dog and cat food for Meals on Wheels recipient pet owners.
- Organize quilt top squares into kits for children learning to sew at The Children’s Shelter and APLC members who sew at home.
- Write uplifting letters to our homebound members.
All participants will be divided into small groups. Groups will rotate to each service project station every 20 minutes.
Help us prepare for the service projects with donations of the following items. Bring your donations to the church office by Thursday, March 18.
- Dog and cat food – dry or canned
- Gallon size zip top bags
- Glue sticks
- Foam shaving cream
- Liquid water colors (Colorations)
- Craft acrylic paint – any color, any size
- Rolls of 1/2″ wide ribbon – any color