Grace and peace Abiding Presence family,
The prophet Isaiah reassures people longing to return to their home, their temple, their lives, “Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
I was mindful of these words as I announced at worship yesterday, “following recommendations of our synod and the CDC, we will not gather to worship for the remainder of the month.”
Your staff and Executive Director met today to discuss what this means for Abiding Presence. While we may not be able to physically be together, fear not, God is with us, strengthening us for the days ahead. This is an opportunity to Seek God and Serve Others in new ways.
- All worship services, meals, meetings, and ministry gatherings are canceled through March 31.
- Worship will be available online. In the next few days, you will receive instructions to participate in a new worship experience using YouTube.
- Faith formation will come to you. Lessons for all ages are being compiled right now to be delivered electronically for study through the week. I hear Mike and Chip are working on some fun video messages.
- In the coming days we will look for new ways to care for each other. We are establishing “Phone Caregivers” who adopt 5 or 6 people to check on by phone weekly. If you’d like to serve this way, click here to email me.
- We will continue to practice good stewardship. Your financial gifts are needed to continue supporting our ministries, our church and Day School employees, and our facility. Now is a great time to establish reoccurring giving online.
- The church office will be open from 8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The sanctuary and outdoor chapel are available for individual prayer and reflection during these times.
As we receive new guidelines we will respond accordingly. We will be in touch regularly with news and opportunities to Seek God and Serve Others in new ways. For now, join me in praying for each other, our church, our community, our leaders and country in this difficult and trying time.
Fear not, God is with us!