12 Jul 2020 | 12:00 am - 12:00 am
As we return to worship in Phase I, guidelines that will provide the safest possible experience for all who attend include:
- Reservations are required. This allows us to safely plan ahead for the exact number of worshipers each week and maintain compliance with the mandated 25% limit in the Sanctuary. (The church website will provide the reservation system.)
- Face masks are required for all who attend worship and are to be worn as you enter the building and for the duration of the worship service. If you arrive without a face mask, a disposable mask will be provided. Children 10 and under are excused from face mask use.
- All worshipers will enter through the double wooden doors. Please maintain 6′ distancing as you wait to enter.
- Ushers will seat family units in available pews on arrival. There is no saving of seats for later arrivals.
- Worship bulletins and communion wafers will be in the pews prior to seating.
- The nursery will not be open – all children are welcome in the sanctuary. A take home bag with children’s worship materials will be available as you enter the building. Booster seats will not be used. The nursery will not be open.
- The worship service will include congregational singing and prayers. We suggest soft singing or humming while wearing a face mask. This will keep everyone around you safe.
- Ushers will release family units by pew and direct to the appropriate exit door following worship.
- Restrooms will be open and will be cleaned following each worship service. All other areas of the building will be closed.
- A professional cleaning crew will disinfect the sanctuary, entry, and exit paths following each service.
- All are asked to maintain 6′ distancing as you enter and exit the building. We ask that groups not congregate in the courtyard or on sidewalks.
- The outdoor chapel is open for those wanting to talk before/after services using social distancing.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling ill or have had a fever in the last 72 hours.
- All are welcome to worship and we will not turn away anyone based on age or supposed vulnerabilities.
APLC will continue to offer online worship for those who are not ready to return to the sanctuary.